Many people ask the question, “How do I get rid of a hangover?” Well, the best way is to prevent it in the first place. For the past 4500 years, hangovers have been an inevitable end to a night of drinking. Dr. Burke and the Hangover Heaven team are on a mission to rid the world of hangovers. Since the Global Hangover Elimination Project is still a work in progress, Dr. Burke offers the following to minimize a hangover in the morning:
How do you get over a hangover?
1. Order the Hangover Heaven Support Supplements. In addition, increase your vitamin and antioxidant level prior to coming to Vegas. You need to take some multivitamins and antioxidants for one week before coming to Vegas, as oral tablets are usually not absorbed very well from the stomach and it takes some time to build up adequate vitamin and antioxidant stores.
2. Stay hydrated. Yes, everybody knows Vegas is dry. The issue is that water does not cost much less than another drink. We have all been there before. 6 bucks for water or 8 bucks for another beer. Suck it up and buy the water. You should consume 12 to 16 ounces of water for every 2 or 3 drinks.
3. Drink clear alcohol. All types of alcoholic beverages have impurities in them, called congeners. Darker alcohols have more impurities. The impurities make hangovers worse. Gin and Vodka cause much less of a hangover than bourbon or whiskey.
4. Drink high-end premium alcohol. These types of alcohol goes through at least 5 distillation steps, which removes most impurities. In contrast, probably the worst choice of drink is Jaegermeister. Yes, everybody drinks it, but it is not a very high quality alcohol and it is as dark as oil. Most of my “Epic Hangover” patients have mentioned the term “Jaeger shot” at some point during their treatment, assuming they remember much of the night before….
5. Drink high end wine – it causes less of a hangover than cheap red wine. Bordeaux is definitely better than Malbec. Yes, all red wine is dark, but it all boils down to the fact that higher quality ingredients cause less of a hangover. Furthermore, high-end wines generally get better barrels for aging, better corks, and more attention paid during the winemaking process.
6. Get a Hangover Heaven “Super B” shot and Hangover Prevention Supplements before you go out while in Vegas. Las Vegas is the only location where Dr. Burke’s proprietary “Super B” shot is available. We can have one of our medical professionals administer these in your room, or you can get them at our clinic. Read more about the “Super B” shot here. Initial results have clients stating that they had no hangover the next morning after drinking a reasonable amount of alcohol the previous night.
If you still wake up with a hangover while in Las Vegas, and need help getting over it, give us a call and we will get you back to your vacation.
Remember, always drink responsibly. When in Vegas, do not drink more than you normally would in your regular social life. not drink more than you normally would. Excess drinking can harm your health and you might even wake up with a strange animal or person in your hotel room. You don’t want that.